Ok, I just have to preface this news with that fact that I thought this day was never going to come, therefore I thought I would never be able to say these words out loud, although I said them in my head often. What are these words, you might ask?? WE HAVE A REFERRAL!!!!!!! After going on close to 3 yrs of waiting, it seems surreal to say it!! Its even more surreal to stare at the picture of our adorable 4 yr old little man in China! Tom and I will be writing our letter of intent to adopt him this week. Sooo exciting! His name will be Hudson (named after the great missionary to China - Hudson Taylor) I will now address the other questions on your mind...... 1. what about the little girl we have been praying to adopt? We will be waiting for the next few months for a referral for a little girl from China as well, so that we can process the two together and go one time to pick them both up! 2. What about the other Southeas...
The Great Wall On our way.... Look Indiana friends, there is more than corn in China too!!! We visited a Cloisonne factory. Very cool to see how they make these beautiful vases. I love signs in China! Too funny! Had to ride a lift up to the top of the mountain to our starting point on the wall! My Lift-mate! We went straight up! A not-so-good selfy We decided to take the hard route.... This is no joke.....it is THAT steep Honey, Im up here! Two cuties standing guard in one of the towers! Camden sporting his water squirting fan! It was breathtaking! We tobogganed down the mountain! Soooo Fun! We at lunch at the Schoolhouse Trees made out of potted plants Tea tasting Olympic Park Tom's eaten too many noodles here in China! People were flying these kites everywhere. Keelan getting asked to have her picture taken...
I don't have much to say, except that we are anxiously awaiting news either today or Wednesday that we have been matched with a child!!! Words cannot even begin to express the feeling of excitement and anticipation to meet the child that God designed to be in our family from even before we were created!!!! To get but a glimpse of the love Christ has for His children as shown to us in the gospel of adoption, has been worth it all. The unconditional love I can have for a child that is not biologically my own, and of whom I have never met or seen, has been amazing. It all points back to God and His love for us! What an amazing love! A love that I cannot and will not ever be able to completely understand. But one that I am truly thankful for! Our pastor spoke yesterday on the Glory of God. Such an eloquent and powerful message as he reminded us that everything we do (from eating an ice-cream cone to driving to work) should point us back to God's glory, therefore call...
Comments
Post a Comment