8 weeks and very little news

Well, 8 weeks ago we were told there was a package of referrals being mailed to our agency that week. 8 weeks later and NO package. We have since found out that one of the Directors in the government is retiring this month and it has slowed the work process down. The new promise is referrals will be sent in October. Don't know what to think about this. Although I would love to be positive and believe they will send the files, last couple months there have been a lot of promises with no deliveries. So as I try to remain positive I am also being realistic that it might not be till January (or who knows when) when we hear something.

In all this, I know that God has many more lessons (as He has already taught us many) for us to learn. We are trying to enjoy this time with our children as our lives will be turned upside down for several months with the arrival of our new little one (as is with any new addition to the family!)

This adoption is an amazing picture of how Christ adopted us into His family. It has been so neat to hear from friends who have adopted as they see first hand how Christ's love for us is so deep....deep enough He died for us. The same with these children, they love them with such a deep love.....one they would die for. We are still in the waiting process, so our picture of God in this process is a little different. Before I came to know Christ, He loved me, longed for me to be a part of His family, called me because He wanted to draw me to himself. This is the feeling I have. I love our girl, even though we don't know each other, I love her, long for her to be a part of our family and can't wait to wrap my arms around her and draw her into my lap as my daughter!!! So many lessons have been learned and so much more to learn as God molds us to be more like Himself!

Comments

  1. I keep thinking of you and wondering when news will come for you guys. Thailand is so hard. And while they are unpredictable....God is faithful and trustworthy! Surely not much longer!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting is difficult and tests your patience, but it is so worth in the end!! Once you hold your baby girl in your arms you will forget all the waiting time. Keep faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, ugh!!! Wouldn't you know, promises and waiting... sounds familiar. Hang in there, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Joy and Sorrow Beautifully Yet Tragically Collide

Adoption Process has begun!

14 Days into the 40 Days of Prayer