Anxious Anticipation

I don't have much to say, except that we are anxiously awaiting news either today or Wednesday that we have been matched with a child!!! Words cannot even begin to express the feeling of excitement and anticipation to meet the child that God designed to be in our family from even before we were created!!!! To get but a glimpse of the love Christ has for His children as shown to us in the gospel of adoption, has been worth it all. The unconditional love I can have for a child that is not biologically my own, and of whom I have never met or seen, has been amazing. It all points back to God and His love for us! What an amazing love! A love that I cannot and will not ever be able to completely understand. But one that I am truly thankful for! Our pastor spoke yesterday on the Glory of God. Such an eloquent and powerful message as he reminded us that everything we do (from eating an ice-cream cone to driving to work) should point us back to God's glory, therefore calling us to worship Him! Am I living my life in light of that truth? Am I teaching my children to do the same? I hope we can all answer "Yes"!!

Comments

  1. That's great news! I hope you hear today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you hear something soon. I am anxiously waiting to hear too!!!! :-) It is amazing to see how love points back to God. I can't wait to rejoice with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you wait to hear something! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your blog for a long while now. I think we are one of the two families you mentioned in your 07/19/10 post :) We finally got first approval for our pre-identified child on 01/19/12. That would make you 1st or 2nd :) I'd love to swap email addresses with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Joy and Sorrow Beautifully Yet Tragically Collide

Adoption Process has begun!

14 Days into the 40 Days of Prayer