Traveling in < a week!!!!



Chicago to Beijing......that will be us in less than a week!   I can't believe that we are almost to the point of travel.   My head is spinning with packing lists, travel meds, house/pet sitters, rides to and from the airport, copies of adoption paperwork, laundry, travel items, clothing and toys being bought for our little Hudson, prep for when the kids arrive home a week before us (so my poor mother isn't stuck getting 3 kids ready for school each morning not knowing where anything is!)  And getting meals planned for them and in the freezer so they don't have to worry about dinner while dealing with some major jet lag!   In the meantime, school started this week and life carries on as normal!  (at least somewhat!)

We were able to Skype with Hudson last night.....oooooooh I can't wait to hug my cute little man!   When he calls me Mommy it melts my heart every time!  To him it is just a name, but I know he will soon learn that Mommy and Daddy are more than a name, they are a bond with him unlike anything he has ever experienced before!   And I am soo thankful that we are the ones blessed to teach him what the love of a parent to their child is all about!

God has allowed us to struggle many times through this adoption process so that we are reminded of our humanity and weakness.  Thankfully He put us in many circumstances that forced us to run to Him, depend on Him and remain pressed into Him.   He has proven His faithfulness to us over and over.  He has shown me many weaknesses in my life and is faithfully helping me work on those areas!

I will be blogging our Journey to Hudson with lots of pictures......so follow along!!
John 14:18

Comments

  1. So excited for your family to bring Hudson home. So many things to give praises for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I can't wait! I keep checking my blog list to see if you've posted anything. It's so fun to get to "travel" with the families who are going over to get their kids. I know it was so special for us to be able to feel the love and support through many blogger friends. And how amazing that you've already been able to Skype with Hudson. Penny got to Skype with her grandparents while we were in a mall in Bangkok. That way when she first met them in the airport, they didn't seem like strangers. God bless you through all of this! And my Hudson come to know Him, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Joy and Sorrow Beautifully Yet Tragically Collide

3 weeks ago we needed $17,000......Where do we stand now?

Day 1 {Beijing}